2 is better than 1!
They say 2 is better than 1 and we can vouch for that, but can 2 PA’s work together? Several of our clients have more than one virtual personal assistant operating on their team. They can offer different services depending on their specialist skills, so the answer is most definitely YES!
Why would I need another PA?
If your business is growing or you have other team members who might benefit from business support now is the time to invest in another pair of hands. With a PA you can use as little or as many hours as needed. It can be totally flexible and tailored to your business needs.
Maybe you have a gap in a particular area eg project management or social media. PA’s often have specialist skills and experience that could benefit your small business.
Benefits of PAs working together
- Team work – working in teams improves collaboration and more ideas are developed. Two people are better at solving problems or finishing off different tasks. It also gives you the opportunity to learn new skills and collaborate on projects. For the client this can be hugely beneficial enabling PA’s to work together and support each other.
- Beating isolation – I could talk about the benefits of working at home all day however human beings are social creatures and working remotely can sometimes be isolating. Working with a colleague for the same client can be hugely beneficial and improve motivation and provide social interaction.
- Holiday/sick cover – if one of your PA’s is on holiday having a second PA to pick up the slack is a real bonus. If they already understand the business and there is no training to be done, PA’s are able to cover for each other during periods of leave. Saving you time and money to focus on the more important things.
The future of working online
It‘s so easy for PA’s to work together in the virtual world, documents can be shared and accessed securely though the “cloud” to enable collaboration. Communication is easy through Skype or Slack (which replaces email, text messaging and instant messaging in one application).
How to budget for additional support
Finally, if you’re on a budget;
- start with recruiting one fabulous Virtual Personal Assistant for just a few hours every week.
- build a secure relationship with your PA
- ensure they have a clear remit so they are invested to grow your business.
- When the time is right and your business is flourishing look to recruit a second PA to help with a particular demand.
- Consider the long-term vision you have for your business, and maximise your business growth for the long run.
If you’re looking for a PA to support your business, give us a call to discuss how we can help you – 020 7952 1460